November 02, 2011

Issue 32

This issue was not as complex as I thought, although one step was quite time consuming. I have mentioned that one part was incorrectly manufactured in this issue. To correct this problem I called the company and they sent me a replacement part within 72 hours, at no cost. However, upon further examination this particular part is unneeded until issue 33.

So about this issue. The main construction involved attaching the metal sections to the silk of the sleeve. First I stitched the top and bottom parts. I found this to be tricky. I had to reattempt the thumb section twice as I was not happy with how it was progressing. Next, I had to carefully stitch down some of the links in the chainmail sections. This part was less technically demanding, but finding and attaching the correct rings took a lot longer then I expected. I believe working with black thread on black silk and counting black rings did nothing to alleviate the difficulty. However, the finished piece did turn out correct.

The next issue looks like a long and complex one, the instructions cover six full pages and I bought 2 new tools to to complete the work.  I'll also finally get an excuse to use my hammer.

No comments:

Post a Comment