February 23, 2012

Issue 41

This issue was rather simple. I have worked with chainmail parts several times before and this issue was not very different from what I did in issue 31. First I attached the thumb section to the hand guard by using some left over links from previous chainmail parts. Then I shaped and attached a larger section of mail to the back of the hand guard. Finally I attached that to the existing right forearm guard from issue 38.

I think I have finished all the armour and chainmail sections of this arm piece. Next I'll attach it to the leather and silk backing. Although this looks like something I have done before, and despite having the experience of already completing this once, I am still anticipating a lot of little work to finish it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment