September 15, 2011

Issue 18

This was, so far, the most difficult issue I have done. I spent a few nights just slowly threading an endless series of holes. I was worried that I had made some mistake at the start and I'd have to take it all apart and start again. Thankfully it went together right, the first time.

I know the next issue will be much faster. While I was working on this one I took a break by getting the parts ready for the issue 19. It should be a lot simpler then this one. I have looked ahead at all the issues in my to-do stack and I know that soon I'll have a complex issue involving tying knots in ropes at precise measurements and it looks difficult, but not as labour intensive as this issue has been.

Yet, despite the difficulty, I am pleased with the final result. The helmet is really starting to look complete. Although I have yet to do the interior, and mask, and neck guard, I feel that it's coming together all the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment