September 19, 2011

The Mystery of the Box ...

Before I started to make this suit of Samurai armour I had to consider where I was going put it. I thought it would be cool to set it up for the high holidays, but I didn't want to keep it on display all the time. So where can I store it? Should I just toss the armour in an old shopping bag?

Fortunately, the good people at DeAGOSTINI had a solution. They have made a rather nice looking box to keep the armour in.

This box is free, however to get it you must send in a special postcard only found in issue one. On that postcard you must attach 35 tags, one from each each of the first 35 issues of the magazine.

In each magazine, in the bottom corner of one page is a little red number. To receive the box you need to cut out that little number from every issue and glue them to the special postcard. Once you have all 35 you send in the card and they send you the box.

I have not done this yet, as there was no point in starting until I had all the necessary issues. Yesterday issues 34 and 35 were delivered, and included with them was a note saying that I would be receiving the box in a separate shipment by the end of the month.

It would appear that I can get the box without cutting the corners off the pages of my magazines. I assume those who have a subscription get the box automatically. But there is an equal chance that I am mistaken and I will have to send in my completed card.

The expiration date for the postcard is in December, so I have a little time. I think I'll wait a few weeks and see if anything shows up in the mail before I start to cut my issues up.

No comments:

Post a Comment