March 09, 2012

Issue 43

This issue was a tough one. It is basically the same as issue 33 and despite having the experience of doing it once already, it still took a lot of time and energy to complete. This issue also used so many different tools and supplies (including: scissors, a punch, white glue, a needle, thread, a hammer, a hole punch, instant gel glue, 500 grit sandpaper, a black pen, masking tape, clothespins, a copy of issue 33, toothpicks, sellotape, and a hard rubber plate) it felt more like working on three issues instead of just one.

First I added the wrist strap and then I glued and stitched the blue backing on the sleeve, next I glued and stitched  the leather section in place. After that I punched holes along the edges and laced the sides together. I recall this final step gave me a lot of trouble before, but fortunately now it all came together correctly the first time.

The next issue is one that worries me because it's another copy of issue 34. That was the most difficult issue I have done and I'm not anticipating it becoming any easier the second time around.


No comments:

Post a Comment