March 25, 2012

Issue 50

This issue finished the thigh guards and it was made of several small steps. First I threaded the leather cord through the small patch I put on in the last issue. Next I made another 'knot' before securing the whole thing in place with glue and finally stitching it in place.

The other steps were to attach the buttons to the tabs on back of the piece. This it was a simple process as I have made similar parts several times on other areas of the armour, although this part was a little different. Usually this kind of thing is comprised of a button section and a second 8 shaped part, except time there was no second piece, and this makes it a little hard to keep the buttoned sections closed. However, as it's on the back on the thigh pads, and that part is unseen, I could just use a clothespin or something to keep the tabs closed.

Next issue I'll finish the left shin guard and begin the final five.


No comments:

Post a Comment