March 24, 2012

Issue 49

This issue was a fun change of pace, it was hand stitching again. I almost think I should rename my blog to "Sewing Samurai Armour" because I spend so much time with a needle and thread. The only pieces included in this issue were a long silk ribbon and a small leather patch.

First I sealed the ends of the silk with some glue then I had to first align the two thigh guards and joined them together. Next I sewed the silk ribbon to the front, carefully folded it over the top, and finally sewed it down on the back. For the last part of this issue I carefully measured and marked where to put the holes on the leather patch, I used my punch to make the holes, and then I glued it in place.

Next time I'll finish the details on the thigh guards.

No comments:

Post a Comment