March 19, 2012

Issue 46

There were a lot of little steps to finish this issue and although none of them were really complex, some were time consuming. First I finished the final two strips of armoured plates and I attached then to the thigh guard. This step yielded an unexpected development, I discovered that an extra armour plate had been included. I double checked my guide to insure this was not a mistake, but indeed it was. I have no idea what to do with this tiny keepsake, perhaps I'll make a phone strap out of it later.

Anyway, after completing the final two strips I again glued and stitched a backing to the thigh guard. Although not a difficult a task, it does take some time to finish. With that done I began the final step of the issue, to start working on the shin guard. Two metal plates and a length of silk string were also included in this issue and I had to bind the parts together. Although this step had a similar feel to the many metal plates I attached together on the body of the armour, it was not the same.

For the next few issues I'll continue to work on this shin guard before returning to the thigh guards. Also this issue included 250cm of 5mm silk string, and I only required 60cm to finish this issue. I will be using the remainder in the next few issues.


No comments:

Post a Comment